THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Basics: Part 1 - Skincare

One of the most important aspects of beauty or makeup is having an ideal canvas to start out with. No one is perfect, and therefor no on has perfect skin, but there are all things we can do that can improve the overall quality, texture, and anything else that you don't like about your skin.
More after the jump!



First, I'm going to start off by sharing my skincare routine. I have recently been using Philosophy On a Clear Day Skin System.
This kit includes:
- 6.0 oz Oil-Free Foaming Acne Cleanser
- 1.0 oz Oil-Free All Over Acne Treatment
- 0.5 oz Oil-Free Acne Spot Treatment 
- 0.75 oz Retinol Clarifying Lotion
 After trying this out for over a month now, I can say I have seen a significant difference in my skin. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily consider myself to have acne, however, I do have oily skin and I do get a couple blemishes here and there. I have noticed that my skin has become less oily, my pores appear smaller, and I haven't had any breakouts since I started using it. Also, the Retinol Clarifying Lotion helps to push the junk that is stuck in your pores to the surface so that they can be scrubbed away. 
If you suffer from oily skin and minor acne, I recommend this kit. The only other suggestions I have as additions to this kit are a good eye cream and night moisturizer, but more on those later. 
Prior to using Philosophy's line, I was using different products from Bliss, and I wasn't unhappy with them, I just needed a change, and it's always good to switch up your skincare every so often. I was using their Fabulous Foaming Face Wash to cleanse, Daily Detoxifying Toner to tone (obviously), and a night cream and a day cream which I believe they have discontinued, since I can't seem to find them anywhere. The overall quality of the line is good, and I had no irritation or bad effects from using any of their products, however, while I don't have anything bad to say about the line, I just feel as though my skin needed a more targeted plan of action, because it is hella oily, and living in South Florida doesn't help at all. 
Everyone's skin is different and requires different kinds of care. The best way to see what works for you is trial and error, but you can always ask a skincare advisor at Sephora for help, they are pretty knowledgable and can offer great reccommendations.
<3
Samantha

0 comments: