THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 1, 2010

Review: Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

What the website says:
Smooth on a little Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion before foundation (or alone!) to totally minimize the look of pores and fine lines. The velvety, paraben-free formula flashes down to a soft-matte finish, without the greasy, heavy feel sometimes associated with foundation primers. The result? Flawless skin with an airbrushed look and feel. Foundation applies smoothly, evenly, and won’t fade away. Ideal for oilier skin, but dry complexions who want pore perfection will love it, too.
The convenient squeeze tube includes a twist-up dispenser (like school glue!) for easy portion control.


What I say:
Having been a huge fan of Smashbox Photofinish Primer, I was a little apprehensive about trying something new, however, I am glad that I did. This primer honestly does exactly what it says it is going to do: give you a pore-free complexion and makes your foundation last. When I first smoothed this primer onto my face, I immediatly noticed a huge difference in the size of my pores, especially on my nose and cheeks, which is where they appear the largest. This primer makes those pores almost invisible. This primer also makes my foundation last much longer. The texture itself is a mix between a lotion and a silicone feel. It is thicker and a different formula than Smashbox, but I have found that although thick, you don't need to use too much to achieve the desired result. I smooth this over my entire face, let it sit for a few seconds, then apply concealer and foundation (either Temptu or Mac Studio Fix Fluid).
I reccommend this primer to anyone with large pores. I personally have oily skin, and this primer didnt add to my oily dilemmas. It is rare to find a product that does exactly what it states it will do, and this really does deliver. Try it out and let me know how you like it.
Available at Sephora for $30 USD.
- Samantha

0 comments: